What is Geology? Why do candidates go for Geology? is it the passion for the course? What is the reason for the increase in the search for universities that offer Geology? The above questions are still lingering in the minds of many till date.
Truth be told, some students choose courses based on the JAMB approved subject combination requirements and information gotten from people as regards the schools that offer the course. Geology is not selected in a bid to evade any subject that involves science. many student look for courses like Geology, Geology, and some Science related courses that may or may not require mathematics.
In this post, you will see the list of schools that offer Geology, the subject combinations, cut off mark as well as the entry requirements for the course.
Geology is a course offered in most tertiary institutions in Nigeria, It is a course under the faculty of Geology managed by the Department of Geology. The importance attached to this post is immeasurable as students during their UTME registration, search for the list of universities offering Geology so as to make an informed decision on making a sensible choice based on their catchment area.
Aside checking for universities or polytechnics offering Geology as a course, you need to be sure of the correct O’Level and JAMB subject combination for studying Geology because in the past, candidates who have ignored this move were either forced to change their school or lost out on the admission for that academic session. So we candidly advice you take the following information in this post Seriously.
To study Geology in any of the under listed universities, candidates must meet the following basic entry requirements:
a) Must have obtained a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ level credits in the following subjects; Maths, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and three or four other subjects in not more than 2 sittings.
b) Pass the cut off mark for the university or polytechnic of his or her choice. We advice you score a minimum of 280 and above as this gives you a greater chance of gaining admission to study Geology into your preferred choice of institution.
The above are the basic requirements from the list of Universities Offering Geology. Though other requirements will be communicated to you by the schools when you register for their post UTME admission forms.
List of Accredited Universities That Offer Geology In Nigeria
- Ajayi Crowther University, Ibadan (ACU)
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot Akpaden (AKSU)
- Anchor University Ayobo, Lagos
- Al-Hikmah University, Illorin (AHU)
- Arthur Jarvis University, Akpoyubo
- Bayero University (BUK)
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki (EBSU)
- Ekiti State University (EKSU)
- Federal University, Lafia (FULAFIA)
- Federal University, Lokoja (FULOKOJA)
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi (FUBK)
- Federal University, Gusau (FUGUS)
- Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ikwo (AE-FUNAI)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE)
- Federal University of Petroleum Resource Effurun (FUPRE)
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)
- Gregory University, Uturu (GUU)
- Gombe State University (GSU)
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Kaduna State University (KASU)
- Kogi State University, Anyigba (KSU)
- Kano University of Science and Technology (KUST)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTECH)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA)
- Niger Delta University, Yenagoa (NDU)
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU)
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology (OSUSTECH)
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Salem University, Lokoja Kogi State
- Skyline University, kano
- Rivers State University (RSU)
- Usmanu Dan Fodio University (UDUSOK)
- Osun State University, Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- Wesley University of Science and Technology (WUSTO)
- Yobe State University, Damaturu (YSU)
- Zamfara State University (ZASU)
The above list is a mixture of private, state and federal universities currently offering Geology, this means candidates, Parents or Guardians can make a choice from the above. Most often, it is easier to study the choice of your course when you select a school that is within your Catchment area.
For example, candidates who is from Delta state and selects Geology in UNIBEN stands a greater chance of gaining admission to study the course than a candidate who hails from Lagos state or Sokoto state. Many students make the mistake of just selecting randomly without applying the Catchment area principle though this does not apply to Private Universities.
In summary, if you must select a state or Federal university, choose your state or school that falls within your catchment area for you to stand a huge chance of studying Geology or any course of your choice.
Hope the above is well understood? if you are still not clear as regards the list of schools or universities that offers Geology and their admission requirements, you can get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.