The management of the postgraduate school of Federal University, Lafia (FULAFIA) has rolled out the list of postgraduate courses that are offered in the institution. Every programme, be it full time or part time come with their own requirements, though there are some basic compulsory entry requirements for fresh candidates which must be adhered to in the process of application and registration.
Do you know that School of Postgraduate studies are the next line of call for students who upon graduation aspire to further their education to PGD, Masters or Ph.D level?
Usually at this stage prospective PG students are not only in a fix on the choice of school of PG studies but also on the available postgraduate course or programme to select from.
One beautiful thing about FULAFIA postgraduate courses is that you are able to specialize in a sub-course, as in there are opportunities for candidates to choose an area of specialization. In the course of going through the post, you would see below, the PG courses, area of specialization, admission requirements, duration of the PG programmes for part time and full time candidates plus other important information that would aid registration process easier for fresh candidates.
Judging from the list of postgraduate courses offered in FULafia as seen below, you would agree with us that all categories of PG courses are offered in the institution ranging from Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) programmes, Masters and Ph.D programmes so please be rest assured that any information gotten in the process of reading this post, we are confident will be of great help in the area of making a good choice as to which of the postgraduate courses is best tailored for your future career path.
Duration of Postgraduate Courses At Federal University, Lafia (FULafia)
The info here contains details of the duration of all available postgraduate programme offered at FULafia under PGD and M.Sc level. Ph.D level, for Masters students, either full time or part time, the expected duration of your programmes can be seen below, same applies to PGD and Ph.D students. This would help a great deal in preparing and planning your schedule of activities within these period.
|Postgraduate Programmes||Duration of Programme|
|Full-time Master’s degree programme|
Part-Time Masters Degree Programme
|4 – 6 Semester|
6 – 8 Semesters
|Ph.D Full-Time Programme|
Ph.D Part-Time Programme
|A minimum of six (6) semesters and a maximum often (10) semesters|
A minimum of eight (8) semesters and a maximum of twelve (12) semesters.
|Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PGD)|
Full-Time Diploma Programmes
|Minimum of two (2) semesters and a maximum of four semesters.|
|Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PGD)|
Part-Time Diploma Programmes
|Minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters.|
FULafia Postgraduate Admission Requirements For Masters, PGD And Ph.D
The following constitute the minimum entry requirements into our postgraduate programmes:
1.) Post – Graduate Diploma Programme
a) Candidate must be a graduate from FULAFIA or any recognized university with Pass or 3rd Class at the first degree in relevant programme may be admitted, provided the Matriculation and Departmental requirements of Fulafia are satisfied.
b) A holder of a minimum of Upper Credit in the HND from a recognized institution may also be admitted.
2.) Masters Degree Programme
a) A candidate with a first degree from Federal University, Lafia or any recognized university having a minimum of a Second Class Lower Division may be admitted, provided the University Matriculation and Departmental requirements are satisfied.
b) Applying candidate with a minimum of Credit in the Postgraduate Diploma from a recognized university will also be considered.
3.) M.Phil / PH.D Programme
a) Candidates must possess a Masters degree from a recognized university with weighted average of 55.0 – 59.9
4.) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Degree Programme
a) A candidate with a good Masters degree having a weighted average of not below 60.0 or CGPA of 4.00 on a relative score of 5,00 (NOT Professional Masters) in the relevant or related discipline which includes course work and a defended research dissertation from a recognized university may be admitted provided the University Matriculation and Departments requirements are satisfied.
b) A minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.00 or 60.0 weighted average is required for candidates converting from M.Phil to Ph.D.
The above are the admission entry requirements for Masters, PGD and Ph.D seeking for admission at FULAFIA.
List of Postgraduate Courses Offered In FULafia – Federal University, Lafia
- PGD Environmental Resource Management
- M.Sc. Chemistry,
- M.Phil/Ph.D chemistry with special interest in analytical chemistry and physical chemistry
- M.Sc Microbiology
- M.Phil./Ph.D Microbiology with special interest in Biomedical Microbiology
- M.Sc. Zoology
- M.Phil./Ph.D zoology with special interest in Applied Parasitology and Entomology
- PGD in Botany
- M.Sc. Botany
- M.Phil./Ph.D. Botany with special interest in Plant Diversity Management, Horticulture and Nursery Management, Plant Breeding and Genetics Ecology
- M.A History and International Studies
- M.Phil./Ph.D History and International Studies with special interest in Economic History, International Studies, Social and Political History.
- M.Sc. Economics
- M.Phil./Ph.D Economics with special interest in Monetary Economics, Public Finance and Policy, International Economics, Developmental Economics
- M.Sc. Sociology with specialization in Demography and Population Studies, Industrial Sociology, Social Anthropology, Rural Sociology, Medical Sociology, Gender Studies, Criminology and Sociology of Law and Sociology of Development
- M.Phil./Ph.D Sociology with specialisation in Medical Sociology, Gender Studies, Criminology and Sociology of Law, Sociology of Development.
- M.Sc. Political Science with specialisation in Political Philosophy/ Theory, Comparative Politics and Political Economy
- M.Sc. International Relations and Diplomacy, Masters in Peace and Conflict Studies (MPCS)
- M.Phil/Ph.D. Political Science with interest in Comparative Politics, Political Economy, Public Administration and Local Government.
Kindly note that the full list of postgraduate courses offered at FULafia, their respective admission requirements and duration for all PG programmes as seen above would go a long way in easing your selection challenge on which postgraduate course to choose.
We hope the above information was helpful to you, as usual, we receive questions from our readers only via our comment area. If you have the need for extra clarification as regards Federal University, Lafia postgraduate courses, kindly send your questions to us by making best use of the comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.
If you are not yet a subscriber to schoolings.org, kindly do so in order to keep getting fresh and unique contents from FULafia PG school as regards the PG school fees, admission forms, requirements and other relation information.