Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State is a privately owned university that offers postgraduate programmes in Nigeria. The management of the school of postgraduate studies, Babcock University, Ilishan has official published the list of postgraduate courses offered in Babcock University, therefore, prospective students are advised to go through the list to find the available programmes for their preferred choice.
As usual, I have arranged the list of available PG programmes in Babcock University and their admission requirements based the faculty they fall under and the certificate awarded by the university. I recently updated this post as there were some inclusion of some PG courses which previously were not included among the list of postgraduate courses that are available at Babcock University Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State.
One unique development about Babcock University postgraduate courses is that you are able to specialize in a sub-courses, as in there are opportunities for candidates to choose an area of specialization. When you carefully go through the list of postgraduate courses offered in Babcock University as seen below, you would confirm that PG courses are offered in the institution are Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), Masters degree and Ph.D programmes.
The authenticity of this source is 100% because it was culled from Babcock University postgraduate website so please be rest assured that any information gotten in the process of reading this post, I’m confident will be of great help in the area of making a good choice as to which of the postgraduate programme is best tailored for your future career path.
In this post, aside providing you with Babcock University PG programmes, I will make available other important information such as the PG entry requirements for Masters degree programmes and Postgraduate Diploma Programmes as well as the expected duration for the programme.
Oftentimes we are faced with the following questions from candidates, most of which are fresh applicants;
What are the masters courses offered in Babcock University?
What are the PGD programmes available at Babcock University?
Can I be admitted without my NYSC certificate?
Are Ph.D programmes offered in Babcock University?
What is the duration for Masters Programmes at Babcock University?
What is the duration for PGD Programmes at Babcock University?
Is my transcript needed as a requirement for admission?
What is the admission requirement for Masters degree programme?
List of Postgraduate Courses offered in Babcock University
List of Postgraduate Courses Offered In Babcock University
The PG courses available at Babcock university listed underneath includes PG programmes offered under PGD, Masters and Doctorate level including their admission requirements.
PGD In Computer Science
- The Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science is open to the following categories of candidates provided the UTME requirement of 5 Credits at O’Level (including English and Mathematics) in relevant subjects is met.
- Graduates of Computer Science and Information Technology of any recognized University with a minimum of a Third Class Degree.
- Graduates of any field of studies other than Computer Science or Information Technology of any recognized University with a minimum of a third class degree.
- HND holders of Computer Science or Information Technology or any other closely related field of any recognized University or Polytechnic with a minimum of Upper Credit.
- HND holders of Computer Science, Information Technology of any recognized University or Polytechnic with a lower credit and at least three years post qualification experience in the use of IT and related information systems.
- Holders of ACCA, ACA, AIB and CPE with a minimum of HND lower credit and other equivalent professional qualifications
Candidates seeking admission into the postgraduate diploma programme in Economics in the Department of Economics must satisfy the general requirements stipulated by the College of Postgraduate Studies of Babcock University. Specifically, admission to PGD Economics is available to the holders of the following qualifications:
- WAEC O’ Level with credit passes in 5 subjects in not more than two sittings which must include English Language, Mathematics, Economics and other two subjects.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Economics from Babcock University or any other University accredited by the NUC with a Third Class Division or a Bachelor of Science Degree in related fields from Babcock University or any other University accredited by the NUC with at least a Second Class Lower Division
- Applicants may be required to sit for qualifying examinations and/or attend an oral interview sessions to determine eligibility.
PGD MASS COMMUNICATION
Candidates for admission into Post-Graduate Diploma shall:
- Have an undergraduate degree in any discipline other than Mass Communication; an HND in Mass Communication; an HND in a non-mass communication field or any other discipline or any appropriate qualification from Babcock University or any other university/polytechnic recognized by the senate of Babcock University.
- Have obtained the equivalent of a minimum of 3.0 CGPA in the degree or HND
- Have satisfied the Department in a selection process.
- Have satisfied other admission requirements of the College of Postgraduate Studies.
To obtain a Postgraduate Diploma in Mass Communication, a student must:
- Pass a minimum of 24 units made up of 20 compulsory units and 4 elective units
- Make a CGPA of not less than 3.0 (on a 5.0 scale) in order to progress to the M.Sc. programme.
- Submit a supervised professional or research project weighted 4 units
- Satisfy all other requirements, including the prescribed period of study.
PGD RELIGION AND PASTORAL MINISTRY
Prospective candidates for the PGD Religion and Pastoral Ministry program are expected to fulfill the following admission requirements:
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of higher diploma or a first degree (HND/BA/BSc) from a recognized university;
- Applicants desirous to enter the gospel ministry upon completion of a program must clearly demonstrate evidence of such a calling in personal decorum and attitude. Positive recommendations from the appropriate Church organization would be an added advantage;
- Candidates must satisfy all other requirements stipulated in the regulations of the Postgraduate College
- The candidate’s admission is predicated on the Department’s positive recommendations.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT (PGDM)
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Third Class Division in Finance, Banking & Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration, Marketing or any other acceptable degree from Babcock University, or any other recognized University. Holders of other first degrees than in Management Science or HND (Lower Credit) in any discipline are eligible to apply provided the basic entry requirements are met.
The admission requirements into the undergraduate programmes of the Department also apply.
Before you continue with the list of PG programmes, Kindly note that you can refer to this link for specific entry requirements for Masters and Ph.d programmes.
M.A ENGLISH LANGUAGES AND ENGLISH LITERATURE
M.PHIL ANIMAL SCIENCE
M.PHIL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
M.PHIL COMPUTER SCIENCE
M.PHIL ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
M.PHIL INFORMATION RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
M.PHIL PUBLIC HEALTH
M.SC ANIMAL SCIENCE
M.SC BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
M.SC COMPUTER SCIENCE
M.SC MASS COMMUNICATION
M.SC POLITICAL SCIENCE
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA)
MASTERS IN INFORMATION RESOURCES MANAGEMENT (MIRM)
MASTERS IN PUBLIC HEALTH (MPH)
MASTERS IN PUBLIC MANAGEMENT (MPM)
PH.D ANIMAL SCIENCE
PH.D BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
PH.D COMPUTER SCIENCE
PH.D ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
PH.D INFORMATION RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
PH.D MASS COMMUNICATION
PH.D POLITICAL SCIENCE
PH.D PUBLIC HEALTH
I hope the information, we hope you are clear as regards the list of available postgraduate courses offered in Babcock University. If you have any question as regards the above, please feel free to reach out to me via the comment section below and I shall respond accordingly.