The need for the full list of PG courses offered in ADSU (Adamawa State University) has been released by the management of the university. Usually, all PG course comes with their respective unique entry admission requirements, however, there are basic compulsory general entry requirements for fresh PG candidates which must be adhered to in the process of application and registration.
Upon graduation, prospective PG students who aspire to further their Education at ADSU come up with questions like; What are the list of available ADSU PG courses? What are the admission requirements for PGD or Masters programmes, they seldom ask about Ph.D admission requirements, however we included all requirements and qualification in this post in order to give complete information on ADSU postgraduate studies.
Based on the above questions, we decided to put up a comprehensive article that would give answers to the above questions to clear further doubts.
Judging from the list of postgraduate courses offered in ADSU (Adamawa State University) as seen below, you would agree with us that all categories of PG courses are offered in the institution ranging from Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) programmes, Masters and Ph.D programmes therefore, aspiring students and candidates should be rest assured that any information gotten in this article, we are confident will be of great help in making an informed decision as regards which of the postgraduate courses is best tailored for your intended career path.
General Entry Admission Requirements For All PG Courses Offered In ADSU
Entry Admission Requirements For Postgraduate Diploma
- Graduates of Adamawa State University or other recognized Universities in relevant areas are eligible to apply for any of the PGD courses offered as listed below.
- Graduates with HND (Higher National Diploma) certificate with minimum pass of credit level or equivalent in relevant areas from recognized institutions will also be considered.
Entry Admission Requirements For Masters
- Candidates who possess a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant areas from ADSU (Adamawa State University) or other recognized universities with a minimum of Second Class Honours are eligible to apply for any of Masters programmes offered as listed below.
- Third Class Honours Degree candidates or HND (in relevant areas) with appropriate Postgraduate Diploma of the ADSU (Adamawa State University) or from other recognized institutions with at least a CGPA of 3.5 (or at least Upper Credit in the Postgraduate Diploma).
- In addition to the above, HND, PGD/PGDE holders must satisfy the basic School Certificate or GCE Ordinary Level entry requirements (credit in five relevant subjects) for admission into Bachelors Degrees of the respective departments.
Entry Admission Requirements For Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D)
- Admission requirements for Ph.D holders Holders of Master’s Degree of ADSU (Adamawa State University) or other recognized Universities with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5- point scale provided that satisfactory research work formed part of the degree are eligible to apply too.
Duration For Postgraduate Courses At ADSU (Adamawa State University)
The info here contains details of the duration of all available pg programme offered at ADSU (Adamawa State University) under PGD and M.Sc level. Ph.D level, for Masters students, either full time or part time, the expected duration of your programmes can be seen below, same applies to PGD and Ph.D students.
|Postgraduate Courses at ADSU||Duration of PG Programmes|
|Full-time Master’s degree programme|
Part-Time Masters Degree Programme
|3 – 5 Semester|
5 – 8 Semesters
|Ph.D Full-Time Programme|
Ph.D Part-Time Programme
|A minimum of six (6) semesters and a maximum often (10) semesters|
A minimum of eight (8) semesters and a maximum of twelve (12) semesters.
|Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PGD)|
Full-Time Diploma Programmes
|Minimum of two (2) semesters and a maximum of four semesters.|
|Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PGD)|
Part-Time Diploma Programmes
|Minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters.|
List of Postgraduate Courses Offered In ADSU (Adamawa State University)
Faculty of Arts, Social and Management Science
Department of Business Administration
Postgraduate Diploma in Management
MBA Business Administration
M.Sc, Business Administration
Ph.D Management Sciences
Department of Accounting
M.Sc. Accounting and Finance
Postgraduate Diploma Accounting
Department of Economics
Postgraduate Diploma Economics
Department of Political Science & Public Admin.
Postgraduate Diploma in Public
Masters in Public Administration (MPA)
B.) Faculty of Agriculture
Department of Animal Production
M.Sc. Animal Production and Management
Department of Agriculture Economics & Extension
M.Sc. Agricultural Economics
Department of Crop Science
M,Sc. Crop Physiology and Production
Ph.D Crop Physiology and Production
C.) Faculty of Science and Science Education
Department of Chemistry
M.Sc Physical Chemistry
M.Sc. Organic Chemistry M.Sc. Analytical Chemistry
Postgraduate Diploma in Chemistry
Ph.D Medicinal Chemistry
Ph D Physical Chemistry
Department of Chemistry
M.Sc Computer Science
Postgraduate Diploma Computer Science
Department of Mathematics
M.Sc Pure/Applied Mathematics
- PHIL/Ph.D Mathematics
Department of Pure and Applied Physics
Postgraduate Diploma in Physics
M.Sc. Applied Geophysics
Ph.D Atthospheric Physics
Department of Science Education
Postgraduate Diploma Education
Masters in Education (M.Ed):
Tests and Measurements
Ph.D Science Education.
Counseling and Human Development
Department of Geology
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Geographic Information System (GIS)
M.Sc. Remote Sensing/Geographic Information System (GIS)
M.Sc. Environmental Resource management (ERM)
M.Sc. Geography with options (Geo-morphology and Bio-geography)
For all aspiring PG students, kindly be informed that all PG programmes offered in the institution are accredited, however, they could lose their accreditation status if they (ADSU) fail to maintain the standards and requirements, however, be rest assured as it will not have an impact on returning students, the only downside to this is that new students will not be admitted into the department being affected until their accreditation status is restored.
We hope this Is informative enough? if you have any question as regards the list of available PG courses offered in ADSU SPGS (school of postgraduate studies), kindly scroll down to the comment section and we shall respond accordingly.
You can also subscribe to our blog to start receiving email alerts on ADSU PG news, tuition fee, admission requirements and lists to stay updated.