What is Agricultural Technology? Why do candidates go for Agricultural Technology? is it the passion for the course? What is the reason for the increase in the search for polytechnics that offer Agricultural Technology? The above questions are still lingering in the minds of many till date.
Truth be told, some students choose courses based on the JAMB approved subject combination requirements and information gotten from people as regards the polytechnics that offer the course. Agricultural Technology is not selected in a bid to evade any subject that involves science. many students look for courses like Agricultural Technology, and some Science related courses that may or may not require mathematics.
In this post, you will see the list of polytechnics that offer Agricultural Technology, the subject combinations, cut off mark as well as the entry requirements for the course.
Agricultural Technology is a course offered in most tertiary institutions in Nigeria, It is a course under the faculty of Agricultural Technology managed by the Department of Agricultural Technology. The importance attached to this post is immeasurable as students during their UTME registration, search for the list of polytechnics offering Agricultural Technology so as to make an informed decision on making a sensible choice based on their catchment area.
Aside checking for polytechnics offering Agricultural Technology as a course, you need to be sure of the correct O’Level and JAMB subject combination for studying Agricultural Technology because in the past, candidates who have ignored this move were either forced to change their school or lost out on the admission for that academic session. So we candidly advice you take the following information in this post Seriously.
To study Agricultural Technology in any of the under listed polytechnics, candidates must meet the following basic entry requirements:
- a) Must have obtained a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ level credits in the following subjects; Maths, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and three or four other subjects in not more than 2 sittings.
- b) Pass the cut off mark for the polytechnic of his or her choice. We advice you score a minimum of 200 and above as this gives you a greater chance of gaining admission to study Agricultural Technology into your preferred choice of institution.
The above are the basic requirements from the list of polytechnics Offering Agricultural Technology. Though other requirements will be communicated to you by the polytechnics when you register for their post UTME admission forms.
List of Accredited Polytechnics That Offer Agricultural Technology In Nigeria
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana, Afikpo
- Akperan Orshi College Of Agriculture, Yandev
- Anambra State College Of Agriculture, Mgbakwu, Anambra State
- Audu Bako College Of Agriculture Danbatta, Kano
- Bauchi State College Of Agriculture, Bauchi
- Binyaminu Usman College Of Agriculture, Hadijia
- College Of Agriculture And Animal Science, Bakura, Zamfara State
- College Of Agriculture, Bauchi
- College Of Agriculture, Jalingo
- College Of Agriculture, Kabba
- College Of Agriculture, Lafia
- College Of Agriculture, Zuru
- S. Adegbenro Ict Polytechnic, Itori
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- Edo State College Of Agriculture, Iguoriakhi
- Enugu State College Of Agriculture, Iwollo, Enugu State
- Polytechnic, Bali
- Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Polytechnic, Mubi
- Polytechnic, Nekede
- Federal College Of Agricultural Produce Technology, Hotoro Gra Extension, K
- Federal College Of Agriculture, Akure
- Federal College Of Agriculture, Ishiagu
- Federal College Of Agriculture, Moor Plantation, Ibadan
- Federal College Of Animal Health And Production Technology, Vom
- Federal College Of Forestry Technology, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Federal College Of Forestry, Jos
- Federal College Of Forestry, Mechanisation, Afaka, Kaduna
- Federal College Of Freshwater Fisheries Technology, New Bussa
- Federal College Of Horticulture, Dadin Kowa, Gombe State
- Federal College Of Land Resources Technology, Kuru, Jos
- Federal College Of Land Resources Technology, Owerri
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Hassan Usman Katsina Poly, Katsina
- Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Kazaure
- Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Owerri
- Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin, Kwara State
- Lagos State Poly, Ikorodu
- Mahammed Lawan College Of Agriculture, Maiduguri
- Moshood Abiola Poly, Abeokuta
- Niger State College Of Agriculture, Mokwa, Niger State
- Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic,Zaria
- Oyo State College Of Agriculture, Igboora
- Plateau State College Of Agriculture, Garkawa, Plateau State
- Polytechnic Of Sokoto
- Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo
- Samaru College Of Agriculture (Division Of Agricultural Colleges Ahmadu Bel
- The Oke-Ogun Polytechnic, Saki, Oyo State
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan
- Yaba College Of Tech, Yaba
- Yobe State College Of Agriculture, Gujba
The above list is a mixture of private, state and federal polytechnics currently offering Agricultural Technology, this means candidates, Parents or Guardians can make a choice from the above. Most often, it is easier to study the choice of your course when you select a school that is within your Catchment area.
For example, candidates who is from Delta state and selects Agricultural Technology in Ozoro Poly stands a greater chance of gaining admission to study the course than a candidate who hails from Lagos state or Sokoto state. Many students make the mistake of just selecting randomly without applying the Catchment area principle though this does not apply to Private polytechnics.
In summary, if you must select a state or Federal poly, choose your state or school that falls within your catchment area for you to stand a huge chance of studying Agricultural Technology or any course of your choice.
Hope the above is well understood? if you are still not clear as regards the list of polytechnics or polytechnics that offers Agricultural Technology and their admission requirements, you can get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.