Joseph Ayo Babalola University is one of the private school of postgraduate studies to start your graduate programme. The management of the school of postgraduate studies, Joseph Ayo Babalola University, in Osun state has official published the list of postgraduate courses offered in JABU, therefore, prospective students are advised to go through the list to find the available programmes for their preferred choice.
As usual, I have arranged the list of available PG programmes in JABU and their admission requirements based the faculty they fall under and the certificate awarded by the university.
I recently updated this post as there were some inclusion of some PG courses which previously were not included among the list of postgraduate courses that are available at JABU.
One unique development about JABU postgraduate courses is that you are able to specialize in a sub-courses, as in there are opportunities for candidates to choose an area of specialization.
When you carefully go through the list of postgraduate courses offered in JABU as seen below, you would confirm that PG courses are offered in the institution are Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) and Masters degree programmes. For now, there are no PHD programmes at JABU. The authenticity of this source is 100% because it was culled from JABU postgraduate website so please be rest assured that any information gotten in the process of reading this post, I’m confident will be of great help in the area of making a good choice as to which of the postgraduate programme is best tailored for your future career path.
In this post, aside providing you with JABU PG programmes, I will make available other important information such as the PG entry requirements for Masters degree programmes and Postgraduate Diploma Programmes as well as the expected duration for the programme.
JABU POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Candidates for postgraduate diploma must possess the following:
1. Five O level credits in relevant subjects including English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
2. Higher National Diploma or its equivalent in a cognate field from a recognized institution, or a minimum of a third class degree from a recogni
Candidates for Master degree programmes must posses the following:
- Five O level credits in relevant subjects including English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
First degree in cognate field from Joseph Ayo Babalola University or any other recognized university with a minimum of second class honours or postgraduate diploma in cognate area from any recognized institution of learning with a CGPA not less than 4.0 on a 5 point scale.
Candidates for admission into Food Science and Technology (Master of Science) who graduated with a minimum of second class lower division in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Agriculture, Engineering or any other related disciplines may be considered but such candidates will be required to make up for deficiencies as appropriate.
A graduate with a bachelor of science degree in Insurance and Actuarial Science may be considered for master of Business Administration with option in Insurance and Risk Management.
A postgraduate degree in Architecture qualifies for admission into a master of science degree programme in Architecture. A candidate other than a graduate of Joseph Ayo Babalola University must produce evidence of industrial training totaling a minimum period of six months.
Candidates will be required to take an oral or written interview.
Duration of PG Programmes
DURATION OF FUNAAB POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
PGD (Post-Graduate Diploma)
Full Time (FT) – 2 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 4 Semesters
Part Time (PT) – 4 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 8 Semesters
Full Time (FT) – 4 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 8 Semesters
Part Time (PT) – 8 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 12 Semesters
Below is a comprehensive list of the available PG programmes offered in JABU (Joseph Ayo Babalola University) also attached is the admission requirements for all the postgraduate programmes.
List of JABU Postgraduate Programmes
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURAL & NATURAL SCIENCES
- Food Science and Technology (Master of Science, M.Sc. & Postgraduate Diploma, Pg.D.)
- Biochemistry (Master of Science, M.Sc.)
- Industrial Chemistry (Master of Science, M.Sc. & Postgraduate Diploma, Pg.D.)
- Microbiology (Master of Science, M.Sc.)
COLLEGE OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
- Architecture (Master of Science, M.Sc.)
COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Accounting (Master of Science, M.Sc.)
- Business Administration with specialisation in Marketing (Master of Science, M.Sc.)
- Business Administration (Postgraduate Diploma, Pg.D.)
- Entrepreneurship (Master of Science, M.Sc.)
- Financial Management (Postgraduate Diploma, Pg.D.)
- General Management (Master of Science, M.Sc.)
- Insurance and Risk Management (Master of Science, M.Sc.)
COLLEGE OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Economics (Master of Science, M.Sc. & Postgraduate Diploma, Pg.D.)
- Mass Communication (Master of Science, M.Sc. & Postgraduate Diploma, Pg.D.)
- Political Science (Master of Science, M.Sc.)
Are you interested in any of the PG programmes offered at JABU? You can click HERE to start your application.
The above forms the list of PG courses offered in JABU as well as the postgraduate entry requirements and duration of the programmes available either for full time or part time applicants. I will respond to your questions below in the comment section if you have any.