Covenant University also known as CU is a privately owned university that offers postgraduate programmes in Nigeria. The management of the school of postgraduate studies, Covenant University has official published the list of postgraduate courses offered in Covenant University, therefore, prospective students are advised to go through the list to find the available programmes for their preferred choice.
As usual, I have arranged the list of available PG programmes in Covenant University and their admission requirements based the faculty they fall under and the certificate awarded by the university. I recently updated this post as there were some inclusion of some PG courses which previously were not included among the list of postgraduate courses that are available at Covenant University.
One unique development about CU postgraduate courses is that you are able to specialize in a sub-courses, as in there are opportunities for candidates to choose an area of specialization. When you carefully go through the list of postgraduate courses offered in Covenant University as seen below, you would confirm that PG courses are offered in the institution are Masters degree and Ph.D programmes.
The authenticity of this source is 100% because it was culled from Covenant University postgraduate website so please be rest assured that any information gotten in the process of reading this post, I’m confident will be of great help in the area of making a good choice as to which of the postgraduate programme is best tailored for your future career path.
In this post, aside providing you with Covenant University PG programmes, I will make available other important information such as the PG entry requirements for Masters degree programmes and Postgraduate Diploma Programmes as well as the expected duration for the programme.
Oftentimes we are faced with the following questions from candidates, most of which are fresh applicants;
What are the masters courses offered in Covenant University?
Can I be admitted without my NYSC certificate?
Are Ph.D programmes offered in Covenant University?
What is the duration for Masters Programmes at Covenant University?
Is my transcript needed as a requirement for admission?
What is the admission requirement for Masters degree programme?
PG ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
General Admission Requirements
1) Interested candidates shall complete the application form on the University portal and provide all relevant documents as specified on the application form, including the following documents;
- Certificates of degrees and/or diplomas
- Academic transcripts
- Reference letters
- Statement of purpose
- Concept note on the proposed area of research
- Nomination of potential supervisor(s) from the department of their interests.
2) Candidates are expected to interact with the departmental websites via the School of Postgraduate Studies website for the potential supervisor’s, academic, and research profile.
3) Candidates who are Nigerian citizens shall, in addition, provide the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) discharge, exemption, or exclusion certificate. Each candidate shall request and ensure that the institution(s) attended process and forward official academic transcript(s) directly to the Dean, School of Postgraduate Studies.
Note – Only candidates whose transcripts have been received shall be considered for admission
Masters Degree Programme
- Candidates seeking admission into the Master’s degree Programme of Covenant University shall possess a Bachelor’s degree from Covenant University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Covenant University. Preferably, candidates with First Class, Second Class (Upper Division) and Second Class (Lower Division with a minimum CGPA of 3.00) in the relevant disciplines may apply.
- The minimum duration of study for the award of the Masters’s degree is two academic sessions for full-time.
Ph.D. Degree Programme
- Candidates seeking admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree Programme of Covenant University shall possess the Bachelor and Master’s Degrees of Covenant University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Covenant University in the relevant disciplines. To qualify for direct entry into the Ph.D. degree the programme, a candidate shall have a minimum CGPA of 4.00 on a 5.00 scale or equivalent (60%) in the Master’s (M.A/M.Sc/M.Eng/M.Tech) degree result.
- Candidates who graduated with CGPA of 3.50–3.99 on a 5.00 point scale or equivalent (55–59%) in the Master’s degree may be considered for M.Phil/Ph.D programme.
- Covenant University shall award M.Phil degree to M.Phil/Ph.D. candidate who fails to meet up with a minimum CGPA of 4.00 upon the completion of coursework examination. Such candidate shall proceed to write a Dissertation and upon successful defence of the Dissertation, the candidate shall be awarded an M.Phil degree in the respective discipline. The M.Phil/Ph.D. programme is intended to prepare candidates for the Ph.D. degree.
- Candidates with professional Master’s degrees are not eligible for the Ph.D. programme except they obtained M.Sc/M.A/M.Eng degrees in the relevant fields. The minimum duration of study for the award of Ph.D. degree is three academic sessions.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Covenant University offers Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree Programme with options in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, and Entrepreneurship.
- Candidates seeking admission to the MBA degree Programme shall possess a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with at least a second class lower division from Covenant University or any other university recognized by the Senate. Applicants are to note that all postgraduate programmes in Covenant University are on a full-time basis except M.Sc/ACIB Finance programme which operates on a part-time.
ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS
Additional opportunities for Masters/Ph.D. degree students include the following:
- Industrial/professional experience via our internship programme.
- Covenant University International Excellence Scholarship (CUIES) positions details of this scholarship programme could be accessed at the School of Postgraduate Studies website or Covenant University International Office and Linkage website covenantuniversity.iol.com.ng
- Postgraduate students may benefit from the Student exchange programme to conduct their research in laboratories in some partnering foreign Universities with Covenant University.
List of Postgraduate Courses Offered In Covenant University
The PG courses available at Covenant University listed underneath includes PG programmes offered under Masters and Doctorate levels.
College of Business and Social Sciences
Accounting – M.Sc/Ph.D
Banking and Finance – M.Sc/Ph.D
Business Management – M.Sc/Ph.D
Economics – M.Sc/Ph.D
Mass Communication – M.Sc/Ph.D
Sociology – M.Sc/Ph.D
College of Engineering
Civil Engineering – M.Sc/Ph.D
Electrical and Information Engineering – M.Sc/Ph.D
Mechanical Engineering – M.Sc/Ph.D
Petroleum Engineering – M.Sc/Ph.D
Chemical Engineering – M.Sc/Ph.D
College of Leadership Development Studies
Political Science and International Relations – M.Sc/Ph.D
Psychology – M.Sc/Ph.D
Languages and General Studies – M.Sc/Ph.D
Leadership Studies – M.Sc/Ph.D
College of Science and Technology
Architecture – M.Sc/Ph.D
Building Technology – M.Sc/Ph.D
Estate Management – M.Sc/Ph.D
Biological Sciences – M.Sc/Ph.D
Biochemistry – M.Sc/Ph.D
Chemistry – M.Sc/Ph.D
Computer and Information Sciences – M.Sc/Ph.D
Mathematics – M.Sc/Ph.D
Physics – M.Sc/Ph.D
I hope the information, we hope you are clear as regards the list of available postgraduate courses offered in Covenant University. If you have any question as regards the above, please feel free to reach out to me via the comment section below and I shall respond accordingly.