Eko University of Medical & Health Sciences is one of the few private universities dedicated towards enhancing and producing quality students in the field of Medical and health sciences that can combat the current health and medical lapses in Nigeria today.
EKOUNIMED as it is popularly known as have made public, the list of courses offered in the university and this is due to the influx of candidates interested in the institution. Gaining admission into EKOUNIMED simply means that candidates must be able to meet up with the admission requirements which will be discussed below.
Candidates assume that all courses have the same admission requirements so they fail to carry out due diligence on the courses offered in the institution of their choice before selecting and registering them during their UTME registration exercise.
The courses offered in EKOUNIMED come with their various admission requirements and subject combinations. Before selection and registering the course, candidates are supposed to first find out the correct JAMB approved subject combination for the course to avoid going through the process of buying a change of course or institution forms.
Do you intend changing your course or institution using any of the JAMB approved CBT centers? It is simple, you can do that by following the step by step approach HERE.
Please note that to study Medicine or any of the courses offered in EKOUNIMED, the management requires a candidate to score at least 200 and above in their UTME to be eligible for admission into this institution.
Admission Requirements Into EKO UNIMED
Please note that admission into Eko University of Medicine and Health Sciences (EkoUNIMED) is open to both Direct Entry (200 Level) and UTME (100 Level) candidates through the Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) irrespective of race, gender, creed, geographical location and ethnic background.
To gain admission into EKOUNIMED, you must meet the underlisted requirements
- You must have a minimum of five (5) credit passes in the SSCE/GCE ‘O’ level through WAEC/NECO (or equivalent recognized by the University) in English language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics and at not more than two (2) sittings for Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- You must score at least 180 and above for other science and health courses while the JAMB score for Medicine and Surgery is 200 and above.
- Candidates shall satisfy any additional criteria with respect to suitability including interview.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR MBBS
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Graduates from Universities recognized by EkoUNIMED in Basic Medical Sciences, Nursing Sciences, Physiotherapy, Biological Sciences, Zoology (B.Sc. 2nd Class Lower Division) Or
- GCE A-level / HSC passes in Biology/Zoology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics, (Good A- level passes) Or
- JUPEB (Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board) passes in Biology, Chemistry, Physics/Mathematics (Good A- level passes).
FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
- Science Graduates from Universities recognised by the institution (At least , B.Sc. 2nd Class Lower Division), Or NCE at credit level, ND and approved equivalents with at least Lower Credit in relevant fields.
- GCE A-level/ HSC passes in Biology/zoology, chemistry and Physics / Mathematics, Or
- IJMB (Interim Joint Matriculation Borad), JUPEB (Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board) passes in Biology, Chemistry, Physics / Mathematics, Or other Foundation Programmes recognised by the institution.
List of Courses Offered In EKO-UNIMED (Eko University of Medical and Health Sciences)
Faculty of Clinical Sciences
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor Surgery (MBBS) – Duration 5 or 6years
Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
BSc. in Human Anatomy
BSc. in Medical Biochemistry
BSc. in Human Physiology
BSc. in Pharmacology
Did you find what you visited this page for? if you have any question(s) as regards the courses that are offered in EKOUNIMED (Eko University of medical and health sciences) please scroll down to the comment section below, send us your questions and we will shall respond accordingly.
Kindly share this post by clicking the Facebook like and share button as well as the Twitter button on the screen so others can benefit from this information. Thank you as you do so.