LASU-FCE Osiele Sandwich Degree Programme, is the department responsible for the administration of part time undergraduate programmes in (Federal College of Education Osiele). The management of LASU-FCE Osiele has published the list of all part-time courses offered in the institution.
Federal College of Education Osiele part time programme is one of the most popular amongst various polytechnics in Nigeria. Part time students in Federal College of Education Osiele are almost equal to UTME students in terms of population at the polytechnic. Part-time courses are studied over a longer period of time than their full-time but this does not stop massive application during the sale of LASU-FCE Osiele admission form online.
Federal College of Education Osiele part time programme requires that students spend fewer hours per week in a classroom – courses could involve day release, day plus evening, or evening only study. Information about these options can be found from the relevant faculty or course page.
Ideally, the general entry requirements for part-time courses offered in Federal College of Education Osiele are the same for full-time students, although part-time application procedures and financial information differ from those for full-time students, that is, they are usually higher in terms of school fees amount.
Application procedures vary from one department to another, and sometimes from faculty to faculty. Federal College of Education Osiele usually advertises for applications from candidates. During this time which gives candidates the opportunity to apply online. However, courses have limited places and to avoid disappointment you should apply early. You will be required to complete an application form online and possibly take a screening test. If selected, you will receive a written offer of a place together with instructions on how to register and join the course.
All candidates are required to enroll and pay the relevant fees before they are permitted to attend classes. The decision that the polytechnic makes about your application and your fee status is based on the information provided on your application form. If we find that you have made a false statement or have left out significant information, we reserve the right either to withdraw or amend our offer or to amend your fee status.
Most time, candidates seeking admission via part time confuse the full time courses for part time courses. They just assume that any course offered in Federal College of Education Osiele undergraduate full time programmes is equally offered under Federal College of Education Osiele part time programmes but this is not always the case
Many UTME students that selected Federal College of Education Osiele in their UTME now go for part time programmes after failing to gain admission via UTME and the good thing is that the certificate awarded to part time graduates does not state whether it was part time or full time programme so in the eyes of any employer, every certificate is given equal opportunity.
Federal College of Education Osiele part time courses for this semester have been listed below, however, some courses offered in full time are not available in part time programmes mainly because of the time required to cover the scope of work involved. It is one reason part time programmes in Federal College of Education Osiele and other schools qualified to run part time programmes both in undergraduate and postgraduate level requires at least an extra year more than the duration for full time ND and HND programmes.
Do you know that you do not require JAMB in order to gain admission into Federal College of Education Osiele part time programmes, all that is required is to get your correct O’level results and must be at least 16 years of age to be qualified to purchase Federal College of Education Osiele part time admission form. In the cause of writing this article, we shall also provide the approved entry admission requirements to study any of the part-time courses offered in Federal College of Education Osiele as at today.
Most candidates or applicants often complain using the following statements “the course i applied for was not given to me, what should i do? i met all the admission requirements yet i was not offered admission, how do i apply for Federal College of Education Osiele part time ND and HND programme? what are the part time courses offered in Federal College of Education Osiele , what are the requirements to apply for ThFederal College of Education Osiele part time ND programme? and so on.
The above questions have one answer which is, meeting the admission requirements. Any candidate that does meet the Federal College of Education Osiele part time admission requirement automatically is not eligible for admission and there are no two ways about it.
One common requirement for Federal College of Education Osiele part-time courses is that they all require O’level results with at least five (5) credit passes which must include English language and mathematics and any other three (3) O’Level subjects as it relates to their course of study. Check the link below for the approved subject combination for Federal College of Education Osiele part time courses.
National Diploma (ND) Programme Part-Time Requirement
Candidates applying for admission Federal College of Education Osiele ND programme must possess the following before application;
- The entry requirement for all National Diploma (ND) Programmes are as follows:
- Five (5) credit passes in relevant subjects including English Language and Mathematics obtained at not more than two sittings in WAEC/NECO or NABTEB (O’ level Examinations).
It is also important to NOTE that any false data entry during the on-line registration will lead to disqualification of the candidates at anytime such is discovered.
LASU-FCE Osiele Sandwich Admission Requirements
GENERAL BASIC REQUIREMENTS
- Five (5) O Level Credits or TCII Merit Passes at not more than two (2) sittings with two (2) of the subjects at A Level or NCE Merit Passes in relevant areas.
- A University/Polytechnic 2-year Diploma Certificate in the relevant area obtained at not less than Merit level.
- Advanced Diploma in Sports from Nigerian Institute for Sports.
SPECIFIC SUBJECT AREA REQUIREMENTS
- English Major: Credit Pass in Literature in English, English Language and Mathematics at O Level or its equivalent.
- Economics Major: Credit Pass in English Language, Mathematics and Economics.
- Physical & Health Education, Political Science Major: At least, a Credit Pass in English Language and Credit Pass in Mathematics or O Level or its equivalent.
- Health Education Major: A Credit Pass in English Language and Credit Pass in Mathematics.
- Holders of Staff Registered Nurse and Midwifery Certificate, Environmental Health plus five (5) O Level Credit Passes to include English Language and Mathematics are also eligible.
- Mathematics and Science Major: Credit Pass in Mathematics and English Language.
- General English at NCE is acceptable for O Level English for all courses except English major.
- Merit in Arithmetic possessed at TC is acceptable as equivalent for O Level Mathematics. Other considerations:
- ICAN (Part II) CIS (Part II) are acceptable for Economics.
- Holders of Certificates issued by recognised Arabic institutions who may not have written Arabic at SSCE/GCE O Level will be considered for admission subject to the fulfilment of other entry requirements NCE (Arabic) at Merit Level is also acceptable.
- Diploma in Health Education, Environmental Health, Physical Education, social work, Health Administration and overall grades of Merit plus three (3) O Level Credit/TC II Merit Passes which should include English Language is acceptable for: Human Kinetics Sports/PHE, and Health Education.
FIVE (5) YEAR SANDWICH DEGREE PROGRAMME
The five (5) year Sandwich Degree Programme is designed for candidates with NCE but also fall short of entry qualification for the four (4) year Sandwich Degree Programme.
Please Note: That candidates with Nov/Dec O’ level result of year of admission for ND part-time programmes are not qualified to apply.
LASU-FCE Osiele Sandwich Available Courses
FACULTY OF EDUCATION: B.SC(ED), B.A(ED) & B.ED, FOUR (4) AND FIVE (5) YEARS SANDWICH DEGREE PROGRAMMES IN THE FOLLOWING COURSES:
- B.Sc Education: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Human Kinetics, Sports/Physical & Health Education, Health Education, Computer Science Education.
- B.Sc Education: Economics, Political Science, Business Education, Accounting Education, Educational Management.
- B.A. Education: Christian Religious Studies, Islamic Religious Studies, French Language, English Language, Yoruba Language.
The above are the part time courses as well as ND and HND requirements for admission into Federal College of Education Osiele. I hope this well understood? Questions are being asked and answered by the moderator via the comment section below. If you have any questions as regards Federal College of Education Osiele part-time courses, please reach me via the comment section below and we shall respond to all your questions.
Please share this post via your social media platforms so others who are interested in Federal College of Education Osiele part-time courses could benefit from it. You can also subscribe to our website to stay updated.