The management of Kogi State University, now Prince Abubakar Audu University, Anyigba via the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Marietu Ohunene Tenuche, on behalf of the Governing Council, Senate and Congregation, wishes to inform members of the academia, graduands, parents, guardians and the general public, that the 6th Convocation Ceremonies of the University for the Award of First Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, Higher Degrees and Conferment of Honorary Degrees will hold as follows:
PROGRAMME OF EVENTS
THURSDAY, 27TH JANUARY, 2022.
A. Vice-Chancellor’s Press Briefing
VENUE: University Auditorium
B. Convocation Lecture
Convocation Lecturer: Professor Yakubu Aboki Ochefu, FHSN, MNAL, Secretary General, Association of Vice-Chancellors of Nigerian Universities (AVCNU)
TOPIC: Education and Security Challenges in Nigeria
VENUE: University Auditorium
FRIDAY, 28TH JANUARY, 2022.
Convocation Ceremonies for the Award of First Degrees in the faculties of Agriculture, Arts and Humanities, Education, Law, Management Sciences, Natural Sciences and Social Sciences
TIME: 10: 00am (Graduands and Invited Guests are to be seated by 9:30am)
VENUE: University Stadium.
SATURDAY, 29 JANUARY, 2022.
A. Commissioning of Projects by:
1. His Excellency, Alhaji Yahaya Adoza Bello, Executive Governor of Kogi State and Visitor to the University;
2. Professor Suleiman Elias Bogoro, Executive Secretary, Tertiary Education Trustfund (TETFUND), Abuja; and
3. Professor Ibrahim Hussaini Doko, Director General, Raw Materials Research and Development Council (RMRDC), Abuja.
B. Convocation Ceremonies for the Award of Postgraduate Diplomas and Higher Degrees in the faculties of Agriculture, Arts and Humanities, Law, Management Sciences, Natural Sciences and Social Sciences and conferment of Honorary Degrees.
TIME: 11.00 am (Graduands and Invited Guests are to be seated by 10.30am)
VENUE: University Auditorium.
NOTICE TO GRADUANDS
Each graduand is allowed a maximum of 2 guests at the venues of the Convocation. Payment for Academic Gowns commences immediately. Graduands should start collecting academic gowns and invitation cards from their Faculty Officers as from Monday, 24th January, 2022.
All payments should be made to Kogi State University Convocation Account Number 0084932652 at Union Bank, PLC. Appropriate University receipts should be obtained from Bursary Department prior to the collection of Convocation materials, including:
- Academic Gowns for First Degree Graduands – N5,000.00
- Academic Gowns for Postgraduate Diploma and Masters Degrees Graduands – N10, 000.00
- Hiring of Academic Gowns by PhD Graduands – N15,000.00
- Purchase of Academic Gowns by PhD Gradunds before the Convocation – N50,000.00
- Purchase of Academic Gowns by PhD Graduands after the Convocation – N60,000.00
- Purchase of Order of Proceedings – N5, 000.00
- Sale of Order of Proceedings to Persons other than Graduands – N10,000.00
ONLY duly accredited journalists (reporters, photographers and video cameramen) will be allowed to operate within and around the Convocation Arenas. Such persons MUST have registered with the Public Relations Unit, Room 002, Senate Building, latest by the close of work on Wednesday, 26th January, 2022.
Congratulations to all graduating students.
If you have any question as regards KSU 6th convocation ceremony 2023/2024 session please feel free to reach out to me via the comment section and I will be happy to respond.