Ibrahim Babangida University School of postgraduate studies has announced the sale of IBBU postgraduate admission form for 2020/2021 academic session. Ibrahim Babangida University also known as IBBU admission from postgraduate applicants seeking admission into this university is out. The cost of IBBU PG form is seventeen thousand eight hundred naira only (N17,800.00).
In this post, I will be guiding you through all you need to know about IBBU postgraduate application form for 2020/2021 academic session, how to apply for IBBU Postgraduate form online via IBBU PG portal, the cost of IBBU Postgraduate form and the closing date for submission of all completed IBBU Postgraduate forms for 2020/2021 academic session.
Here I will simplify the process of applying for IBBU Postgraduate form in a coordinated manner for ease of understanding most especially for first time applicants. However, applicants that have previously registered and participated in the previous Postgraduate screening exercise but did not make it through can equally gain form this information being posted here.
IBBU PG admission form application procedure is the same the previous sessions except some slight changes in date and cost of obtaining the form. You can also gather more info when you visit the university’s postgraduate portal on portals.ibbul.edu.ng/mds/pgapp for available courses, requirements, details of purchase, filling and submission of the online forms. Please note the following information:
- The cost of each application form is seventeen-thousand eight-hundred naira (N17,800.00) only. And Bank charges of N300 only
- The phone numbers and e-mail addresses of the applicant should reflect in the online application form.
- The phone numbers and e-mail addresses of the applicant’s referees should be included in the online application form.
Please ensure that you have the basic entry requirements of five O’Level Credits including English and Mathematics in not more than two sittings.
Candidates for English Language and English Literature programmes must have a credit in Literature at O’Level.
The Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Management and the MBA programmes will have their lectures at Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Suleja Campus.
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
Department of Agricultural Economics & Extension Services
PGD. Agricultural Economics
M.Sc.- Agricultural Economics
PhD – Agricultural Economics
Department of Animal Production
PGD – Animal Production
M.Sc – Animal Production
Areas of Specialization:
- Monogastric Nutrition
- Animal Physiology
- Animal Products & Processing
- Ruminant Nutrition
Department of Crop Production
PGD. –Crop Production
M. Sc – Crop Production
- Plant Pathology
- Soil Science
- Weed Science
FACULTY OF EDUCATION AND ARTS
Department of Counseling Psychology
M.Ed.-Guidance and Counseling
Department of Continuing Education and Community Development
M.Ed and PhD in Adult Education
- Adult and Non-Formal Education
- Rural and Community Development
- Gender Education
- Industrial Education
- Entrepreneurial Adult Education
- Communication Arts in Adult Education
Department of Human Kinetics & Health Education
M.Sc. Human Kinetics & Health Education
- Exercise Physiology.
- Health Education.
- Sports Psychology.
- Sports Administration and Planning
FACULTY OF LANGUAGES & COMMUNICATION STUDIES
Department of Arabic
M.A – Arabic Language
M. A – Arabic Literature
Department of English
PGD in English
M.A & PhD in English
M.A.& Ph.D in Literature
FACULTY OF NATURAL SCIENCES
Department of Biochemistry
PGD – Biochemistry
Ph.D. – Biochemistry
- Nutritional Biochemistry.
- Biochemical Toxicology.
- Medical Biochemistry & Chemical Pathology.
- Molecular Biology & Biotechnology.
- Environmental Biochemistry
- Pharmacological Biochemistry
Department of Biology
PDG – Environmental Biology
M.Sc. –Biology (options in the following areas)
Hydrobiology and Fisheries
Department of Geography
PGD in Water Resources & Environmental Management
M.Sc.- Water Resources & Environmental Management
Department of Physics
PGD – Physics
M.Sc. Physics – (options in the following areas)
- Applied Geophysics
- Solid State Physics
- Radiations and Health/Nuclear Physics
- Theoretical Physics
- Energy Studies
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Department of Business Administration
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Management
MBA with options in
- Business Accounting & Finance
- Islamic Finance
- Entrepreneurial Development
- Insurance & Actuarial Science
- Human Resource Management
- Auditing & Public Sector Accounting
- Public Finance Management
The PGD Management and MBA programmes will hold their lectures at IBB University Suleja Campus
Department of Political Science
Postgraduate Diploma in Public Policy & Administration (PGDPPA)
M.Sc.- Political Science
Master in Public Policy & Administration (MPPA)
Master in International Studies & Diplomacy (MISD)
Department of Sociology M.Sc Sociology
(Areas of Specialization)
- Medical Sociology
- Industrial Sociology
- Sociology of Education
- Development Studies
Candidates are advised to read the specify entry requirements on the Advert:
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes Applicants must possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Third Class Degree
- HND from a recognized Polytechnic with a minimum of Lower Credit
- NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate/letter
- Five (5) O’ Level Credit passes including English Language and Mathematics
- Any other qualification acceptable to the Senate of Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
Master’s Programmes, Applicant must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division honours from recognized institutions
- NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate/letter
- 5 O’ Level credit passes including English Language and Mathematics
- Candidates for English Language and Literature must possess credit in O’Level Literature
- Candidates with Third Class Bachelor’s degree or HND (Upper Credit) who in addition, possess a Postgraduate diploma (PGD) with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5.00 scale in a relevant discipline may be considered.
- Minimum duration of the Masters degree is 18 months
- The PGD Management and MBA programmes will hold their lectures at IBB University Suleja Campus
Ph.D. Degree Programmes
Candidates seeking admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) degree programme of IBB University must possess the Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees of IBB University or any other University recognized by the Senate of IBB University in the relevant discipline.
To qualify for direct entry into the Ph.D degree programme, a candidate must have a minimum CGPA of 4.00 on a 5.00 scale or equivalent of 60% in Master’s (M.A/M.Sc) degree result.
Candidates who graduated with CGPA of 3.50-3.99 on a 5.00 scale or equivalent (55-59%) in the Master’s degree may be considered for M.Phil/Ph.D programme in the respective discipline.
Candidates with professional Master’s degrees are not eligible for the Ph.D programme except they obtained M.Sc degrees in relevant fields.
A P.hD. degree programme runs for a minimum period of 36 calendar months and a maximum period of 48 calendar months for full-time candidates OR a minimum period of 48 calendar months and a maximum period of 60 calendar months for part-time candidates.
Relevant courses will be taken for the Ph.D. studies where prescribed and a Thesis is required at the end of the Ph.D. programme.
How To Apply for IBBU Postgraduate Admission Form
Eligible candidates are to visit IBBU LAPAI postgraduate portal on portals.ibbu.edu.ng/pgapp for more info on how to apply and all that you need to know.
Click HERE to apply
Please be informed that all correspondence should be addressed to:
School of Postgraduate Studies,
Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
Hope the above information was helpful? If you have any question as regards the purchase of IBBU Postgraduate admission form for 2020/21 academic session, application procedure and entry requirements, you can reach me via the comments section below and I will respond in due time.