Folake Olowofoyeku is a renowned Nigerian actress and musician. She currently starred recently in the 2019 Chuck Lorre CBS sitcom, Bob Hearts Abishola.
Folake Olowofoyeku Biography
The Nollywood star was born in Nigeria to a Nigerian politician whose name is Babatunji Olowofoyeku and Felicia Olowofoyeku. Folak is the youngest of all the 20 children born by her parents. She spent her childhood days in Victoria Island in Lagos, Nigeria, and also spent time in London. One of her older brothers is the musician and guitarist Toby Foyeh.
Olowofoyeku went to Igbinedion Education Centre, a Montessori boarding school in Benin City. She was then transferred to Vivian Fowler Memorial College for Girls in Ikeja, Lagos and then went to the Oxbridge Tutorial College. In the year 2001 she was 18 years old, Olowofoyeku left Lagos for the United States to settle there, Where she lived with her sister. Although initially studying economics in high hopes of becoming Lawyer., Olowofoyeku got a B.A. with honors in theater from City College of New York. During her days at City College she participated in the NCAA Division III college basketball for the CCNY Beavers. After successfully graduating from college, Olowofoyeku got her start working at an off-Broadway theater in New York City.
Olowofoyeku starred in guest starring roles on tv shows whic includes 30 Rock, How to Get Away with Murder, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Modern Family, Westworld, and White Collar. Olowofoyeku starred in the 2017 film, Death Race 2050, as Minerva Jefferson. The film is a sequel to the 1975 cult film, Death Race 2000, and was shot in Lima, Peru. Also in 2017, Olowofoyeku appeared opposite Gaby Hoffmann in the last season of the TV series Transparent, as her love interest, Lyfe.
recently In September 2019, Olowofoyeku featured with American comedian Billy Gardell in the 2019 Chuck Lorre CBS sitcom, Bob Hearts Abishola, which Lorre created with British-Nigerian comedian Gina Yashere – whise work was to write for the show and and plays Olowofoyeku’s character’s favorite friend, Kemi. Bob Hearts Abishola is the first American sitcom to feature a Nigerian family. Olowofoyeku plays Abishola, a Nigerian cardiac nurse who meets a compression sock businessman named Bob in Detroit. The program starred a budding love between the two characters, who discovered they have more in common than their differences. Olowofoyeku once said in an interview that the show is also groundbreaking because it features collective groups of actos, and not excluding Abishola, speaking in the Yoruba language.
Olowofoyeku plays Afro-beat electronic music under the moniker The Folake. She plays guitar, piano, and has worked as a sound engineer. Olowofoyeku now has a diploma in audio engineering from the Audio Research institute.
In 2013, Olowofoyeku starred in two David Bowie videos as his bass guitar player: “The Stars (Are Out Tonight)” and “The Next Day”. The director of the two videos was Floria Sigismondi, with Tilda Swinton takin the role of Bowie’s wife in “The Stars” while “Next Day” featured actors Gary Oldman and Marion Cotillard. Olowofoyeku said that director Sigismondi and Bowie worked with the band so they could learn their parts musically in rehearsal, as well as portray themselves in the videos.
The nollywood actress Olowofoyeku was named after the first female Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Folake Solanke. Olowofoyeku has spoken extensively about how important the names in Yoruba culture were. Her first name means having lots of wealth and her surname means a wealthy man uses a chieftaincy title to top off their wealth. Olowofoyeku speaks Yoruba fluently.
Olowofoyeku is also a big fan of science fiction and the work of Octavia Butler, and counts Butler’s 1980 book, Wild Seed, as a favorite. Olowofoyeku now lives in Los Angeles.
List of Olowofeyoku Movies
- Protesters (Video) – as Felice Falafafull, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (TV Series) – as Amina Asante, episode: “Night”.
- When They Could Fly (Short) – as Bella, 10,000 A.D.:
- The Legend of a Black Pearl (Video) – as Plebeian 3.
- Staged Archive (Short) – as Judge.
- In Search of Myster Ey – as Waitress
- The Child Within – as Omo
- 30 Rock (TV Series) – as Jamaican Nurse
- “Anna Howard Shaw Day”
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (TV Series) – as Princess Timiro
- 2 episodes: “Loyalty: Part 1”,
- “Loyalty: Part 2”
- White Collar (TV Series) – as Teller
- 2 episodes: “By the Book”,
- “Unfinished Business”, The Beaver – as Nurse
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (TV Series) – as Adisa, episode:
- “Scorched Earth”, Hellbenders – as Serena Venter
- The Stars (Are Out Tonight) by David Bowie (Video short) – Bassist
- The Next Day by David Bowie (Video short) – Bassist
- Gideon’s Cross (Short) – as voice of Mona Madugu (Nigerian Boss)
- Kepler X-47 (Short) – as Alien Sentinel
- Modern Family (TV Series) – as Ayoola, episode: “Marco Polo”
- How to Get Away with Murder (TV Series) – as Desk Nurse
- Episode: “There’s My Baby”
- Westworld (TV Series) – as Surveillance Tech
- Dissonance Theory
- Female Fight Squad – as Winter
- Death Race 2050 (Video) – as Minerva Jefferson
- Colony (TV Series) – as Redhat, episode: “Panopticon”
- Transparent (TV Series short) – as Lyfe, 3 episodes:
- “Pinkwashing Machine”
- “Babar the Borrible”,
- “Desert Eagle”
- The Gifted (TV Series) – as Scar, episode: “9”
- Central & Broadway (Short) – as Leon
- The Bride (Short).
- World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth (Video Game) (voice)
- Armed – as Frida
- Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series – Episode I (Video Game) – as Priestess (voice)
- The Filth (TV Series) – as Charlotte, episode: “Filthy Bro Day”2019: Bob Hearts Abishola (TV Series) – as Abishola Bolatito Doyinsola Oluwatoyin Adebambo.
Folake Olowofoyeku Instagram
Olowofoyeku Folake was born October 26, 1983. The Nollywood star is currently 38 years old. She celebrated widely with family, friends colleagues and fans nationwide.
Olowofoyeku Folake Net-worth – $ 950,000
The Nigerian actress is one of the most influential in Nigeria with an estimated Net-worth of about $ 950,000 dollars and with a number of exceptional eye catching movies that have received enormous sales.
Olowofoyeku is one of the few Nigerian actresses that have left her foot print already in the Nigerian film industry, considering how influential she has been in recent years. Having said all of these, Olowofoyeku’s personal life, career and so many other achievements in the past has made her so famous that he his widely known both in Nigeria and Africa.
I Hope this post was helpful?, Kindly subscribe to our website to stay updated as regards your favorite celebrities.