Covenant University School of postgraduate studies has announced the sale of CU postgraduate admission form for 2020/2021 academic session. The cost of Covenant University PG form is twenty thousand naira (N20,000.00) only and payment can be paid online.
In this post, I will be discussing everything about Covenant University postgraduate application form for 2020/2021 academic session, how to apply for CU Postgraduate form online via CU PG portal, the cost of CU Postgraduate form and the closing date for submission of all completed CU Postgraduate forms for 2020/2021 academic session.
Here I will simplify the process of applying for CU Postgraduate form in a coordinated manner for ease of understanding most especially for first time applicants. However, applicants that have previously registered and participated in the previous Postgraduate screening exercise but did not make it through can equally gain form this information being posted here.
Covenant University PG admission form application procedure is the same the previous sessions except some slight changes in date and cost of obtaining the form. Before going into details as regards CU Postgraduate form for 2020/2021 academic session, I shall be looking at the most frequently asked questions about CU Postgraduate form by past and present PG applicants. Listing and answering these FAQs would greatly assist applicants who must have had similar questions about CU Postgraduate form screening application forms in mind before now.
Below are the list of FAQ on CU’s Postgraduate forms;
Is CU postgraduate form out?
How much is CU Postgraduate form?
When will CU Postgraduate form be out?
Please when is CU postgraduate screening starting?
Please I want to know if CU postgraduate registration is in progress?
Please when is CU Postgraduate form closing date?
Will there be an entrance exam for CU Postgraduate School?
What are the admission requirements for CU PG School?
Can I apply for CU postgraduate programme without NYSC
I am currently doing my NYSC, am I eligible to apply for CU postgraduate form?
|FAQs on CU Postgraduate Application Form||Answers To FAQs on CU Postgraduate Form|
|Is CU Postgraduate form out?||CU Postgraduate form for this academic session is out.|
|When will CU Postgraduate forms be out?||CU postgraduate application form for 2020/2021 session is out at the moment.|
|Please when is CU postgraduate screening starting?||The date for CU Postgraduate form screening exercise is usually communicated via their online publication as shown below in this post.|
|Please I want to know if CU postgraduate registration is in progress?||Currently the Postgraduate form is on sale.|
|Please when is CU Postgraduate form closing date?||CU PG form closing date shall be announced by the management|
|Will there be an entrance exam for CU Postgraduate School?||Yes there will be a screening test for all applicants|
|How much is CU postgraduate Form?||The cost of CU Postgraduate Form is twenty thousand naira (N20,000.00) only.|
|What are the admission requirements for CU PG School?||Check below for the list of CU PG programmes and admission requirements|
|Can I apply for CU postgraduate programme without NYSC||The answer is NO. Only candidates with NYSC Discharge certificate are eligible to apply for CU postgraduate form|
|I am currently doing my NYSC, am I eligible to apply for CU postgraduate form?||No you are not eligible until your NYSC discharge certificate is ready.|
The above are the most frequently asked questions on CU Postgraduate forms and the best possible answers. Go through them carefully and you can never be wrong with those answers.
Now in details, CU postgraduate form comes out every academic session and many of you just rush without waiting to confirm if you are eligible to apply or buy the form which is the reason most get stuck in the middle of the registration process.
Before applying for Covenant University postgraduate form screening form you must meet the following requirements and eligibility criteria as listed below;
After you are sure your preferred choice of PG programme is offered in CU and have confirmed you meet the admission requirements into the institution then you can go ahead and apply for CU postgraduate application form.
Now let’s take a look at the list of postgraduate courses offered In CU, their admission requirements. The admission requirements are listed just directly under each PG programme.
PG ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
General Admission Requirements
1) Interested candidates shall complete the application form on the University portal and provide all relevant documents as specified on the application form, including the following documents;
- Certificates of degrees and/or diplomas
- Academic transcripts
- Reference letters
- Statement of purpose
- Concept note on the proposed area of research
- Nomination of potential supervisor(s) from the department of their interests.
2) Candidates are expected to interact with the departmental websites via the School of Postgraduate Studies website for the potential supervisor’s, academic, and research profile.
3) Candidates who are Nigerian citizens shall, in addition, provide the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) discharge, exemption, or exclusion certificate. Each candidate shall request and ensure that the institution(s) attended process and forward official academic transcript(s) directly to the Dean, School of Postgraduate Studies.
Note – Only candidates whose transcripts have been received shall be considered for admission
Masters Degree Programme
- Candidates seeking admission into the Master’s degree Programme of Covenant University shall possess a Bachelor’s degree from Covenant University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Covenant University. Preferably, candidates with First Class, Second Class (Upper Division) and Second Class (Lower Division with a minimum CGPA of 3.00) in the relevant disciplines may apply.
- The minimum duration of study for the award of the Masters’s degree is two academic sessions for full-time.
Ph.D. Degree Programme
- Candidates seeking admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree Programme of Covenant University shall possess the Bachelor and Master’s Degrees of Covenant University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Covenant University in the relevant disciplines. To qualify for direct entry into the Ph.D. degree the programme, a candidate shall have a minimum CGPA of 4.00 on a 5.00 scale or equivalent (60%) in the Master’s (M.A/M.Sc/M.Eng/M.Tech) degree result.
- Candidates who graduated with CGPA of 3.50–3.99 on a 5.00 point scale or equivalent (55–59%) in the Master’s degree may be considered for M.Phil/Ph.D programme.
- Covenant University shall award M.Phil degree to M.Phil/Ph.D. candidate who fails to meet up with a minimum CGPA of 4.00 upon the completion of coursework examination. Such candidate shall proceed to write a Dissertation and upon successful defence of the Dissertation, the candidate shall be awarded an M.Phil degree in the respective discipline. The M.Phil/Ph.D. programme is intended to prepare candidates for the Ph.D. degree.
- Candidates with professional Master’s degrees are not eligible for the Ph.D. programme except they obtained M.Sc/M.A/M.Eng degrees in the relevant fields. The minimum duration of study for the award of Ph.D. degree is three academic sessions.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Covenant University offers Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree Programme with options in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, and Entrepreneurship.
- Candidates seeking admission to the MBA degree Programme shall possess a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with at least a second class lower division from Covenant University or any other university recognized by the Senate. Applicants are to note that all postgraduate programmes in Covenant University are on a full-time basis except M.Sc/ACIB Finance programme which operates on a part-time.
ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS
Additional opportunities for Masters/Ph.D. degree students include the following:
- Industrial/professional experience via our internship programme.
- Covenant University International Excellence Scholarship (CUIES) positions details of this scholarship programme could be accessed at the School of Postgraduate Studies website or Covenant University International Office and Linkage website covenantuniversity.iol.com.ng
- Postgraduate students may benefit from the Student exchange programme to conduct their research in laboratories in some partnering foreign Universities with Covenant University.
Available Postgraduate Programmes
The PG courses available at Covenant University listed underneath includes PG programmes offered under Masters and Doctorate levels.
College of Business and Social Sciences
Accounting – M.Sc/Ph.D
Banking and Finance – M.Sc/Ph.D
Business Management – M.Sc/Ph.D
Economics – M.Sc/Ph.D
Mass Communication – M.Sc/Ph.D
Sociology – M.Sc/Ph.D
College of Engineering
Civil Engineering – M.Sc/Ph.D
Electrical and Information Engineering – M.Sc/Ph.D
Mechanical Engineering – M.Sc/Ph.D
Petroleum Engineering – M.Sc/Ph.D
Chemical Engineering – M.Sc/Ph.D
College of Leadership Development Studies
Political Science and International Relations – M.Sc/Ph.D
Psychology – M.Sc/Ph.D
Languages and General Studies – M.Sc/Ph.D
Leadership Studies – M.Sc/Ph.D
College of Science and Technology
Architecture – M.Sc/Ph.D
Building Technology – M.Sc/Ph.D
Estate Management – M.Sc/Ph.D
Biological Sciences – M.Sc/Ph.D
Biochemistry – M.Sc/Ph.D
Chemistry – M.Sc/Ph.D
Computer and Information Sciences – M.Sc/Ph.D
Mathematics – M.Sc/Ph.D
Physics – M.Sc/Ph.D
How To Apply for CU Postgraduate Admission Form
Step 1 – Click on Become an Applicant to register
Step 2 – To login in, check your email for the unique code sent
Step 3 – Browse for the available programs and apply for your preferred program.
Step 4 – Select your programme and continue with your application.
Click HERE to start your application.
Note that you will be required to submit your academic transcript as part of the application process as failure to do so will be automatic disqualification.
CU PG FORM CLOSING DATE
Covenant University postgraduate form application deadline is 1st December, 2020. The application portal will be shut down and all completed forms must be submitted on or before the due date. Note that there shall be no further extension of the closing date.
I hope this helps. If you have any question related to CU PG form for 2020/2021 academic session, please reach me via the comment section below and I will be glad to assist.