UMYU inter university transfer form has been a subject of debate for various reasons which shall be explained on this page below. Admission into higher institutions in Nigeria has always been a big deal and that’s because of the admission process every secondary school leavers are obliged to undertake in furthering their education. In this blog post, we will be giving out information as regards UMYU inter-university transfer form and the step by step procedure on how to go about the application process.
UMYU inter-university transfer form comes into play where students for one reason or another decide to switch institutions. That is, from a university to another university only, the form does not cover for transfers from one polytechnic to another university.
What You Stand To Gain From This Post:
- How to apply for UMYU inter-university transfer form
- Steps and procedures for applying for UMYU inter university transfer form
- The top 7 reasons student request for inter university transfer form
- All you need to know about UMYU inter faculty transfer forms and how to apply
- Who is eligible to apply for UMYU transfer form and why
There are 7 major reasons students change or rather request for an inter university transfer form from their current university to another university:
You should be familiar about students wanting to transfer from one university to another, you might be wondering why such move is needed judging from the rigorous processes these students must have undergone before gaining admission into their current institution. Below are some of the top 7 reasons students request for inter university transfer forms.
1) The course offered has been dis-accredited by the NUC in d case of a university.
2) The course they were supposed to offer wasn’t given to them and since there is no slot for their preferred course in the department in their current university, they request for an inter-university transfer form from the school they are switching to and start the process. For example, if the course given to Mary isn’t what she registered for in her JAMB due to her cut off mark or post UTME score not high enough, she would most likely be given another course if there are available slots in other departments within the same faculty. Mary definitely would prefer to transfer to the department after 100Level but if there is no slot in the department, Mary would rather request for Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University inter-university transfer form or any other University that is offering the course she desires and apply by going through the process as discussed below.
3) Cost of tuition fee in their current university can necessitate a student to transfer to another school. There have been cases where school fees are increased by 100% and students with financial challenges would rather take either a UMYU inter university transfer form or any school with cheap school fees that offers their course and follow the process. The only issue here is that if such student is above 200 level, an inter university transfer will not be possible.
4) Cult related issues are one of the factors many student switch to another school. They either go and write JAMB over again or purchase the UMYU inter university transfer form and any university of their choice and follow the process required.
5) Some student pick up the transfer form based on the school environment. Some just request for UMYU inter-university transfer form because of the news and information they must have heard about life in Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University.
6) Social influence and peer pressure is also a factor for request of UMYU inter university transfer form.
7) Persistent sexual demands by lecturers from female students and other related factors is another major reason students change institutions, hence UMYU inter university transfer form becomes necessary.
The good news is that UMYU accept students from other recognized universities so long as such student meet the institution’s admission requirements.
Before an inter university transfer form to Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University can be completed, the management of UMYU shall investigate the reason for your transfer and confirm that your admission into the school you are transferring from is genuine and conforms with their own standard.
UMYU Inter University transfer form is readily available every academic session for students from other recognized universities in Nigeria who must have gained admission via the 3 most recognized methods as seen below. Before we go into details on how to apply for UMYU inter university transfer form, that is, transferring from your current university to UMYU, lets discuss the modes of admission into the school.
Admission of students into UMYU (Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University) is made possible via these 3 methods:
1) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination
2) Direct Entry
3) Diploma or JUPEB Programmes
These three methods will be explained briefly below proper understanding four candidates who wish to utilize any of the underlisted;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination: Candidates who used to make use of this method must possess credit passes in five relevant subjects the senior secondary school certificate examination all the general certificate examination also known as GCE or its equivalent at not more than two sittings. The subjects should include English language and mathematics the three other credits depends on the departmental requirements.
- Direct Entry: Candidates using direct entry as a means of gaining admission into UMYU must have obtained at least two GCE advanced a-level passes in addition to the UTME requirements above.
- Diploma or Pre-degree Programmes: Successful candidates who passed the competitive qualifying examination after undergoing an intensive 9 months pre-degree program or 2 years diploma programme will be admitted into specific degree options as related to the course registered.
Having understood the methods of gaining admission into Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University, it would be pertinent to divulge all necessary information that would enable your transfer from your current institution to UMYU a reality.
UMYU INTER-UNIVERSITY TRANSFER FORM: How To Transfer From Your Current University To UMYU
- This form shall be filled by all candidates from other Universities wishing to transfer into Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina.
- The form is to be filled at the beginning of a session into which the transfer is being sought.
- Inter-University Transfer fee of N25,000.00 is charged per application and payment is to be made only after approval of the application;
- The transfer is subject to availability of space in the department being sought for;
- Transcript and/or examinations record (indicating the courses offered, their credit loadings and scores/grades obtained) of the applicant for the University he/she is transferring from is to be attached to the application;
- Results slip for SSCE/NECO and UTME obtained by the applicant to secure admission into the University he/she is transferring from is to be attached to this application;
- Candidates are to fill sections (a) to (c) and submit the completed form to the Registrar.
For more details kindly visit the school portal.
1) Please note that UMYU inter University transfer form are only allowed for students up to 200 level as any students above 200 level studying a 4 year course shall not be considered for transfer.
2) UMYU will allow for transfer from other universities for students in 300 level studying Law (LLB), Medicine, Nursing (B.N.Sc.) programmes that have a duration of 5 and 6 years and above.
UMYU Intra Faculty Transfer Form Application Procedure
- This form shall be filled by bonafide students of Umaru Musa Yar’adua University on good academic standing (with CGPA of at least 1:00) but wishing to transfer to another course within the University;
- Transfer within the same Faculty is allowed only at 200 level;
- Transfer from one Faculty to another is also allowed only at 200 level but an applicant must be on a CGPA of at least 2.40;
- An application fees of N5,000.00 (Five thousand Naira) only is to be paid before obtaining this form)
- The transfer is subject to availability of space in the Department being sought for;
- Examinations record (indicating the courses offered, their credit loadings, scores/grades and CGPA obtained) of the applicant is to be attached to the application;
- Results slip for SSCE/NECO obtained by the applicant to secure admission into the University is to be attached to this application;h)Candidates are to fill sections (a) to (c)and submit the completed form to the Registrar.
You can visit the portal for more details on UMYU intra-university transfer.
For any student who wish to transfer from their current university to UMYU must make sure he or she follow the above steps and procedures for a smooth and easy transfer process.
Hope the information provided is well understood? do you still have questions as regards UMYU inter-university transfer form, and inter faculty transfer forms for those who wish to change faculties? please reach us via the comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.
Best of luck in your application process.