Olabisi Onabanjo University School of postgraduate studies has announced the sale of OOU postgraduate admission form for 2020/2021 academic session. Olabisi Onabanjo University also known as OOU admission from postgraduate applicants seeking admission into this university is out. The cost of OOU PG form is fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00).
In this post, we will be discussing everything about OOU postgraduate application form for 2020/2021 academic session, how to apply for OOU Postgraduate form online via OOU PG portal, the cost of OOU Postgraduate form and the closing date for submission of all completed OOU Postgraduate forms for 2020/2021 academic session.
Here I will simplify the process of applying for OOU Postgraduate form in a coordinated manner for ease of understanding most especially for first time applicants. However, applicants that have previously registered and participated in the previous Postgraduate screening exercise but did not make it through can equally gain form this information being posted here.
OOU PG admission form application procedure is the same the previous sessions except some slight changes in date and cost of obtaining the form. Before going into details as regards OOU Postgraduate form for 2020/2021 academic session, we shall be looking at the most frequently asked questions about OOU Postgraduate form by past and present PG applicants. Listing and answering these FAQs would greatly assist applicants who must have had similar questions about OOU Postgraduate form screening application forms in mind before now.
Below are the list of FAQ on OOU’s Postgraduate forms;
Is OOU postgraduate form out?
How much is OOU Postgraduate form?
When will OOU Postgraduate form be out?
Please when is OOU postgraduate screening starting?
Please I want to know if OOU postgraduate registration is in progress?
Please when is OOU Postgraduate form closing date?
Will there be an entrance exam for OOU Postgraduate School?
What are the admission requirements for OOU PG School?
Can I apply for OOU postgraduate programme without NYSC
I am currently doing my NYSC, am I eligible to apply for OOU postgraduate form?
|FAQs on OOU Postgraduate Application Form||Answers To FAQs on OOU Postgraduate Form|
|Is OOU Postgraduate form out?||OOU Postgraduate form for this academic session is out.|
|When will OOU Postgraduate forms be out?||OOU postgraduate application form for 2020/2021 session is out at the moment.|
|Please when is OOU postgraduate screening starting?||The date for OOU’s Postgraduate form screening exercise is usually communicated via their online publication as shown below in this post.|
|Please I want to know if OOU postgraduate registration is in progress?||Currently the Postgraduate form is on sale.|
|Please when is OOU Postgraduate form closing date?||OOU PG form closing date shall be announced by the management|
|Will there be an entrance exam for OOU Postgraduate School?||Yes there will be a screening test for all applicants|
|How much is OOU postgraduate Form?||The cost of OOU Postgraduate Form is fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00).|
|What are the admission requirements for OOU PG School?||Check HERE for the list of OOU PG programmes and admission requirements|
|Can I apply for OOU postgraduate programme without NYSC||The answer is NO. Only candidates with NYSC Discharge certificate are eligible to apply for OOU postgraduate form|
|I am currently doing my NYSC, am I eligible to apply for OOU postgraduate form?||No you are not eligible until your NYSC discharge certificate is ready.|
The above are the most frequently asked questions on OOU Postgraduate forms and the best possible answers. Go through them carefully and you can never be wrong with those answers.
Now in details, OOU postgraduate form comes out every academic session and many of you just rush without waiting to confirm if you are eligible to apply or buy the form which is the reason most get stuck in the middle of the registration process.
Before applying for OOU postgraduate form screening form you must meet the following requirements and eligibility criteria as listed below;
After you are sure your preferred choice of PG programme is offered in OOU and have confirmed you meet the PG admission requirements into the institution, checked through OOU PG school fees for fresh PG students and the list of all available postgraduate programmes offered in OOU before going ahead with the filling of OOU postgraduate form.
Now let’s take a look at the list of postgraduate courses offered In OOU their admission requirements. The admission requirements are listed just directly under each PG programme
OOU Postgraduate Programmes Admission Requirements
1. Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
Applicants for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma Programme must be:
- Graduate of the Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other approved University with a minimum of Third Class.
- Holders of Higher National Diploma at not less than Lower Credit level.
2. Academic Master Degree Programmes
(i) M.A/M.Sc./M.Ed., LL.M
Applicants shall normally possess not lower than Second Class Honours (Lower Division) Degree of the Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other approved University in relevant disciplines.
3. Professional Master Degree Programmes
Applicants shall normally possess not lower than Second Class Honours (Lower Division) Degree of the Olabisi Onabanjo University or other approved University or a Higher National Diploma at not less than Lower Credit level or a Third Class University Degree with a Postgraduate Diploma in relevant field(s) and/or fellowship of relevant professional body.
4. Ph.D Programmes
- Candidates who obtained their Master degree in relevant disciplines from Olabisi Onabanjo University with a minimum of 3.50 Cumulative Grade Points would be allowed to register for Ph.D. programmes directly.
- Candidates from Olabisi Onabanjo University with Cumulative Grade Points of 3.00 to 3.49 will only be admitted for M.Phil/Ph.D. and not Ph.D. directly. Their candidature for Ph.D. shall however be determined on the basis of their performance after two (2) Semesters course work.
- Candidates who obtained their Master degree in relevant disciplines from other Institutions apart from Olabisi Onabanjo University with a minimum of 3.00 Cumulative Grade Points on a 5 point Scale or Weighted Average of 50% will only be admitted for M.Phil/Ph.D. Their candidature for Ph.D. shall however be determined on the basis of their performance after two (2) Semesters course work.
Please note that candidates applying for the following programmes are to note their admission requirements:
M.Sc. Mass Communication
- O’ Level Credit pass in English Language and Mathematics are compulsory for all applicants for Mass Communication Programmes.
Postgraduate Diploma in Law
- Candidates having not less than Third Class Bachelor’s Degree in Law of the Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other approved University. Candidates must possess at least five credit passes at O’ Level including English Language and English Literature.
Master of Law (LL.M.)
- Holders of Bachelor of Law (LL.B) Degree of Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Olabisi Onabanjo University with a minimum of Second Class Lower; and
- Holders of Bachelor of Law (LL.B) Degree of Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Olabisi Onabanjo University who do not meet the requirement in (a) above but hold the Postgraduate Diploma in Law Degree.
Postgraduate Diploma in Anaesthesia
- Holders of a good First Degree in Medicine and Surgery from Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other University approved by Senate of Olabisi Onabanjo University.
Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Graduates of Olabisi Onabanjo University with a degree of M.B.Ch.B or equivalent Medical and Dental Degrees such as MBS/BDS from other recognized Universities. Candidates must possess at least five years qualification experience (including Internship, NYSC Services plus three years working experience in areas relevant to Public Health.
M.Sc. Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology
- Holders of a good First Degree in Pharmacy (classified) from Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other University approved by Senate of Olabisi Onabanjo University.
- Holders of classified Pharmacy degrees not below Second Class Honours (Lower Division) or CGPA of not less than 3.0 may be admitted.
- Candidates must have scored acceptable grades (not less than C) in Pharmaceutics courses in their final year undergraduate examinations.
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIVIDUAL PROGRAMMES ABOVE, ALL APPLICANTS ARE TO TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING ALSO;
- All programmes in the University require O’ Level Credit pass in English Language and Mathematics in addition to three other credits in relevant subjects.
- The University Matriculation requirements of individual Departments running the programme must be satisfied before a candidate can be considered for Admission.
- For admission into any of the Programmes, possession of National Youth Service Corps (N.Y.S.C.) Discharge/Exemption/Exclusion Certificate issued by the Directorate is compulsory.
- All Applicants are to request their Alma Mater to forward the Academic Transcripts of their Higher National Diploma / 1st Degree / Postgraduate Diploma / Master Degree to the Secretary, Postgraduate School, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye.
- All Ph.D. candidates are required to contact the relevant Departments for availability of Supervisors and vacancies before applying.
- Every applicant is required to submit photocopies of all certificates listed in the application form such as Degree, Diploma, NYSC and Professional Certificates at the relevant departments.
- Completed Application Form and Acknowledgement Slip/Photo card are to be submitted to the Secretary, Postgraduate School and to the relevant Department.
Duration of OOU Postgraduate Programmes
|S/N||Programmes||Mode of Study||Minimum Duration||Maximum Duration|
|1.||Postgraduate Diploma Programmes||Full-Time|
|2.||Professional Master Degree Programme||Full-Time|
|3.||Academic Master Degree Progammes||Full-Time|
How To Apply for OOU Postgraduate Admission Form
To apply for OOU PG admission for 2020/2021 academic session, please follow the steps below;
Step 1 – Interested applicants are to purchase the application form. The cost of OOU PG admission form is Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15,000.00) only and payment can be made via any of the two underlisted methods
- Web payment (Most preferred) via http://pgs.oouagoiwoye.edu.ng/portal/application/apply.phpOR
- Point of Sales (POS) at the Postgraduate School, Main Campus, Ago-Iwoye or at any of the University Campuses at Aiyetoro, Ibogun and Sagamu.
Step 2 – Fill the forms correctly and submit.
Ensure you adhere to the instructions in the paragraph (In addition to the admission requirements).
For further details/enquiries, contact +2349024241102; +2348096772583 (Text Only).
Closing Date For Submission of OOU PG Admission Forms
The management has directed that all completed applications forms reach the Secretary, Postgraduate School on or before Friday, 7th August, 2020.
Hope the above information is well understood? all related questions as regards OOU postgraduate admission form and how to register be sent to us via the comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.
You can also share this information via Facebook, Twitter or Whatsapp using any of the social buttons below as this could be useful for others.
Best of luck in your application.